NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Mike Osborne) -- Nashville based Lifeway Research has been talking with America's Protestant pastors about the impact COVID-19 is having on their churches.
Lifeway is the publishing arm of the Southern Baptist convention. Lifeway Research conducted an online survey of 400 pastors nationwide in late March. The survey has a margin of error of plus or minus 5.5 percent.
Among the more interesting findings:
- Four percent of pastors surveyed said they have had a member test virus positive.
- Forty-two percent say they have members who’ve lost a job to the pandemic.
- More than half of responding churches say donations are down.
- Pastors say their biggest concern is how to keep members connected as social distancing continues.
- The pandemic impacts most commonly cited by members as reported by their pastors include wrestling with feelings of loneliness, boredom, and uncertainty.
You can review the complete Lifeway Research study here.