NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Mike Osborne) -- The City of Nashville closed streets to through traffic in eight neighborhoods over the weekend.
It’s part of an effort to give residents more room to walk, run and bike while maintaining social distance.
Local traffic and deliveries are being allowed to continue. Signs noting the closures went up on Saturday.
The first eight closures will be in the following neighborhood locations:
- N. 17th St. from Holly St. to McEwen Ave.
- 18th Ave. N. from Cass St. to 11th Ave. N.
- Bowling Ave. from Woodlawn Dr. to Whitland Ave.
- Grace St. from Joseph Ave. to Lischey Ave.
- Indiana Ave. from 51st Ave N. to 44th Ave. N.
- Oriole Place from Lone Oak Rd. to Shackleford Rd.
- Owendale Dr. from Kinwood Dr. to Mossdale Dr.
- Straightaway Ave. from Chapel Ave. to Porter Rd.
You will find a map highlighting the closed streets here.