In-person or online classes? Metro schools parents given additional time to decide
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Mike Osborne) -- Metro Nashville parents now have through Friday to decide whether their children will return to in-person classes beginning next month, or continue learning remotely.
MNPS had given parents through Tuesday to make that choice, but in a press statement out Sunday Schools Director Dr. Adrienne Battle extended the deadline.
Dr. Battle also released a detailed schedule for the phased return to the classroom:
- Tuesday, October 13, students in grades Pre-K through 2 will return for a half-day, with another half-day on October 14 and two full days on October 15 and 16.
- Tuesday, October 20, students in grades 3 and 4 will return to classes.
- Tuesday, October 27, students in grades 5 and 6 will return to classes.
- Wednesday, November 4, students in grades 7-8 will return to classes.
- Thursday, January 7*, high school students in grades 9-12 will return to classes.